Slowly Resuming In-Office Appointments
Starting the week of May 4, we will be slowly resuming seeing preventative healthcare visits and non-urgent problem visits in addition to all obstetrical and urgent visits.In order to continue to protect our patients, staff, and physicians, we will continue our recent safety measures. This includes temperature screening upon arrival and a limited schedule to allow for adequate social distancing and reduced wait times.
All staff and physicians will be wearing face masks at all times in the office, and we ask that our patients wear masks in our office as well.
We will continue to restrict visitors accompanying patients until we feel it safe to resume normal operations.
We plan to continue to offer telemedicine visits to all of our OBGYN patients during this time as appropriate.
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility during this difficult time.
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital Visitor Policy
One support person will be allowed in the hospital per patient per day. Multiple visitors will not be allowed for the same patient. Patients who are under investigation for COVID-19, or who have tested positive, will not be allowed to have visitors. No visitors under age 18 will be allowed.
Should You Breastfeed if You Have the Coronavirus?
A New York Times article. Here's how to navigate the emerging guidance on breastfeeding in a pandemic.
Maternity Information From Piedmont Atlanta
Please see the documents below for important information from Piedmont Atlanta Hospital regarding April maternity classes and maternity tours.
- May Materity Classes Go Virtual - Childbirth, Breastfeeding, and Baby Basics
- Maternity Center Tour Information During COVID-19
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Pregnancy (The Basics)
- Georgia Department of Public Health - Official COVID-19 Page
- COVID-19 Information from American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- Coronavirus, COVID-19 for New Moms
- CDC COVID19 Infographic
- CDC COVID19 Fact Sheet - What You Need to Know
- CDC COVID19 Fact Sheet - What to Do If You Are Sick with Covid19
- 10 Things Every Pregnant Woman Should Know About Coronavirus Disease
- Piedmont Hospital Notice to Patients and Visitors on the Coronavirus Outbreak